Jozef grew up in a non-religious home in Strakonice, Czech Republic and became a Christian at the age of 16. He was one of two Christians in his town (to his knowledge) and commuted to a nearby town for Christian community. Over time, God has used him to support others through serving them and intentional discipleship.
Bonnie grew up in Christian home in Chicago suburbs and grew in her faith through her church’s youth ministry and mission trips. God has used her to preach the good news and teach the Bible on her many trips overseas, particularly helping to lead English Camps in the Czech Republic.
Southwest region of the Czech Republic is home to 1 million people, and despite the rich Christian history, only a few currently active churches and ministries remain. One of its towns, Strakonice, is a home of 23,000 and a district center of about 70,000. Spiritual demographic is especially hard for new believers, because they suffer isolation and confusion.
Making disciples who make disciples in the context of a community of believers growing into a church plant.
- Intentional investing in believers through biblical teaching, friendship, prayer, practical help, and making them aware of their gifts and opportunities for the Kingdom
- Organizing events and programs as part of local church – youth ministry, church-plant planning, summer camps
- Offering ourselves for various projects and events in the larger context of building God’s Kingdom in the region
- Under authority and guidance of the Eldership of the Elim Church in Pisek, Czech Republic
- In partnership with Josiah Venture‘s Czech identity KAM
- Seeking to love and mobilize primarily students and young people who are more responsive to the gospel
God gave His only Son (John 3:16 – par.). Grace teaches how to live (Titus 2:11-14 – par.). The Bible says believers were urged to live lives worthy of calling they received (1 Thessalonians 2:12).
Therefore – We desire to see that the town of Strakonice would know Him the way He really is. They should not see in church mainly structures or relationships. His sacrifice was too costly for us to labor on anything else more than Him.